1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can u make a TV better ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dUnKle, Oct 24, 2000.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    First let me apologize as I think that once finished this posting will sound daft but its just an idea, im tired and any response will be nice.

It seems that nearly everything can be tweaked and depending on how far u wanna go the average user can make there equioment do lots more so can this be applied to your humble TV. For me I have always been a sound person and im not too bothered about the screen but obviously want the best from what I have.

So for me and all those people out there who wanna save some cash can you improve your TVs picture. I got hold of the DVD ultimate platinum thingy and that helped but I was wondering about all these hidden settings. Popular TVs seem to have entire web sites dedicated to service modes and the such but what about older Sony sets like mine.

Also what happened to those TV magnifying glasses that HCC seemed to like a few years back. Do they work ? Have they got better ? can they turn a 32" set into a 36" set ?

We all know that for best results you should watch in the dark but are there any other tips or even web sites for things like picture setting and even those elusive service modes.

I know these service modes can be dangerous and can course more harm than good, but it seems that lots of people ( i admit even im curious ) want to access them. Is there a site dedicated to these ?

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128