can u loop digital terrestrial signal through sky + box

chris3234red

Standard Member
This is probably a daft question but i'm quite new to this,i know that my sky+ box loops analogue tv through the box and then outputs via rf1 and rf2,but can it do the same with digital terrestrial tv.(i know i would need a digibox at each tv in the house to feed the rf connection into).

Thanks.

This is probably a daft question but i'm quite new to this,i know that my sky+ box loops analogue tv through the box and then outputs via rf1 and rf2,but can it do the same with digital terrestrial tv.(i know i would need a digibox at each tv in the house to feed the rf connection into).

Thanks.

Providing you have a digital capable aerial connected to the RF input on the Sky box - yes. The Sky box will not "magic" a DTT signal from nowhere but it will pass through an aerial signal.

SamRadford

Your Sky Digibox should pass the entire UHF band of frequencies so (in theory) there should be no problem.

In practice, you are adding the noise and signal and cross-modulation products of the RF modulator to the signal. In addition, the digital signals are much lower level than the analogue. So you might get problems or you might not. Try it.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom