1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can u help w minor Panny e50 irritants?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by derb, Apr 26, 2003.

1. derb

derb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought mine yesterday and I find that if I have recorded something and want to trim just the last part I can't seem to skip directly to the end of a "chunk" of recording then work backwards to remove from there to the end of the actual programme. Is there a work-around for this? Also is it me or is it a bit silly that when you set "timer record" the recorder has to switch off? After all, one of the appeals of the Panny for me was that it can record even though it is playing something else on the same disc. Is there a way around that (aside from just remembering to record at the right time)?

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    There is no workaround for this on the HS2 either, you just have to fast forward through the whole recording to do partial erase.

On the hs2 the machine doesn't have to be off to do timer recording,
    you just press the timer record button and can continue to play back a prerecoreded program whilst you wait? Doesn't the E50 do the same?

3. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As regards the second one, there was no way to do this on the e30. You could set the timer and continue watching programs/recordings ect, but for the timer recording to actually take effect the machine had to be in standby.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    I'm sure you know this but are you aware you can press the fast forward five (or six) times to give you x20 (or x30 I forget) fast forward? As I say I'm sure you know this - and it doesn't compensate for the lack of a skip to end feature - but I thought I would mention it incase you were fast forwarding at x2 speed to the end of a 4 hour programme :)

5. derb

derb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I knew that - it's still a bit of a hassle though. Oh well.