Can u answer this?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by whiteswan, Dec 26, 2003.

1. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Okay

I currently have normal Sky - I run this by scart into my Tivo - from my Tivo I run a scart lead to a rgb to svideo box - this then turns the video signal to svideo which then goes into my Panasonic projector.

Now I have just ordered Sky Plus on the £99 offer.

With the current set up i cant watch another channel on Sky if Tivo is recording something.

But with Sky Plus I assume I can record a sky channel and still view another Sky Channel via the projector which I assume I can svideo straight into the ae100 bypassing the need for the rgb to svideo box.

I suppose my question is which video signal comes down the svideo output from the box - the signal that's being recorded or the signal that's being viewed?

I assume the audio output via toslink will match the svideo output?

I plan to sell my Tivo if the answer is that I can svideo straight to projector and let sky plus get on with recording.

Don't see the need in keeping it - even though I think its the best bit of kit I have ever bought !!

Dave, Oldham UK.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    SKY+ records in the background while you watch and listen to another channel so yes takeing the SKY+ s-video feed straight to the projector and either the phono or optical audio will match it.

While I am in the SKY+ corner having used it for over two years the TIVO is something you might regret getting rid off especially if you have already paid a lifetime sub. Mind you there is money to be made in selling TIVO hardware :)

3. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i want to buy a tivo, gonna cost about £400 though, i really dunt think its worth it, for that much i can just keep sky world for over 2 more years, and then new technolgy will be out.

I wish i bought a tivo 2 years ago :(

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

It would have cost you £600 back then but plenty of boxes for sale since totally over estimated the demand:)
    I am still surprised with cost effective modern manufacturing especially in China why the TIVO OS hasn't been re-introduced into the UK after all the listing services are already established.