1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Toshiba RDXS34 change the channel on my Sky Pace digital box??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DNA_628, Jun 8, 2005.

1. DNA_628

DNA_628
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can the Tosh RDXS34 change the channel on my Sky Pace digital box?? The auto view also start the program few mins earlier and the remind info bar display at the bottom. The problem I have is if I record something on SkyOne at 8pm-9pm and on E4 at 9pm-10pm then I will miss the ending of the SkyOne program and the reminder bar also blocked the bottom of the screen too. If the Tosh can change channel for me then I'm going to buy one and throw the Sky personal planner away!!

2. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba can change channels on a standard Sky box use the code for the Panasonic (or do a search on this forum)

Unless you have a Sky+ box and in that case it can't.

There is no way any recorder can help you with what you want as we are all in the hands of the programmers. Sometimes a programme can start a min before the personall planner even comes on.

The only way to do this is to stop the first recording 2 mins earlier. ie 8:58pm and start another at 8:59, 1 min early. Which is posible.

This works because Sky One programmes normally finish up to 5 mins early anyway.

When programming the Toshiba you can't have programmes that start and end at the same time and the machine needs time to send the signal to turn the box over (about 30 second before the programmed time)

3. stevie-c

stevie-c
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are there any other makes of recorders that can also change channels on a sky digibox? Specifically, can the panansonic e95?

4. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the e95 and I set the timer record to av2 and the use Sky planner with autoview to change stations etc, there is away using the scart to recieve a signal from sky to start recording, yet to try it.

Also if you have a freeview box it outputs to av1 on the Panny e95.

5. CYMRAES

CYMRAES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hope I am doing this right - just registered, as I had to let you know: I have had the Tosh RDX34 for almost a week and have had the same problem getting it to change the cannel on my sky pace box! I have looked through the forum and BINGO!!
    I found this:

"28-05-2005, 12:56 PM #9
    tobyjuggler

A few things...

If you're using a standard Sky box (not Sky+), after positioning the IR transmitter that came with the Tosh. near the Sky box, go into the setup menu and then the final submenu (far-right) select Set top box setting, then pick Brand type and use the number 0326.

Now come out of the setup menu and make sure you're watching a Sky channel through your DVD recorder. Press SAT.CONT. on your remote control, then press the up and down CHANNEL button on the top-right of your remote control. Did the Sky channel change? If no, then keep repositioning the IR transmitter until it does change channels reliably. The best position I've found is on top of the Sky box, overhanging the edge of the box directly above the LED IR indicator on the STB. If it does change channels reliably, then you've set up your remote control correctly and when setting a timed recording, you should press SAT.CONT., the AV2 indicator will change to an S, type in the Sky channel number on your remote control (under the flap). So if you were recording BBC1, then the timed recording line should read something like:

S 101 5/28(Sa) 13 00 13 30 HDD MN 9.2 D/M1.

Shortly before the timed recording starts the Tosh will send the channel numbers to the Sky box via IR transmitter. Usually when it doesn't work it's because the transmitter bit has been moved slightly from what was a reliable position."

I followed it by the letter, and it worked first time! The code he gave wasn't even in the tosh book - I tried a load of them!

Anyway, I had to register just to put you out of your misery - as I was almost pulling my hair out!