1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Toshiba 36ZD26 accept PAL progressive ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nja, Jan 6, 2003.

1. nja

nja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I assumed that the xxZD26P TV could accept PAL progressive. Can any owners confirm from personal experience if this is the case as I am about to buy a PAL progressive DVD player and will be a bit gutted to say the least if my PAL DVD's don't work in progressive mode. :confused:

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    From the other posts I have read on this when I considered buying the Tosh... no the Tosh does not support PAL progressive.. you will just get a green screen.

I believe the Panasonice PL40H (I Think) is the only CRT which will do PAL progressive as well as NTSC.

Cheers

Matt

3. sr78

sr78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    New Panasonic 32PS20D is much cheaper, around 800 pounds, and has the same features as teh PH40. It's only available in Germany and France though...

4. nja

nja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the replies so far - still have not seen any thing from anyone that has actually tried a PAL PS input to this TV - perhaps someone could point me at the relevant post if there is one as I can't find it.
    If it is sadly true that PAL PS won't work, does anyone know if the TV can be upgraded ?