1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Tosh 46 DLP owners please reply

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lee31, Jan 3, 2005.

1. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I turn my TV on from a cold start, the picture is really really dark but after 2 minutes, its as if the TV gremlin turns a light on & everything is perfect

Is this the same for you ?

Cheers

Lee

2. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lee,
    I havent seen this on mine yet. only had it a couple of days. I have pre programmed three differend settings though, so to make it darker during the day and lighter at night, with a flick of a button. my cold start takes long though, i reckon about 30sec before pic appears, but pic is ok

maidstoneman30s

3. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    On my Tosh the pic appears instantly - but it is very dark and then after approx 30 seconds it springs into life - i have the bulb on low power mode.

Dave, Oldham

4. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lee - if you start the tv from cold, eg first thing in the morning it takes a while for the light to go into normal mode. This happens if you have the tv in low power mode or normal.

Cheers,
    Carl.

5. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    There is a quick start option in your settings.If you turn it off you will get the effect you talk about if you turn it on the TV will come on more quickly.Its fully explained in the manual (which i know word for word now lol)

6. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks chaps, much appreciated, wasnt really worried, just wanted to make sure.

Lee

7. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there Lee, just on a different note, i see you have the S97, which I have just ordered. What is it like with HDMI and what DVD did you first try. I should be getting mine on Wednesday and hopefully Profigold HDMI lead on Friday.
    Might be worthwhile for me to email you on the setup between S97 and TV if i have stumbling probs. and of course you wont mind helping

cheers
    maidstoneman30s

8. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watcha Maidstone, Ive linked S97 via HDMI using HDMI lead supplied with S97 & gotta say it is superb. Due to the Christmas period & 3 hectic kids running around like headless chickens, I actually havent had time to sit down & watch a DVD yet although I obviously have put a couple in to try. Films Ive looked at so far are Saving Private Ryan (R1) Toy Story (R1) Pitch Black (R1) Gladiator (R2) Bad Boys Superbit (R2) & gotta say I was blown away with the clarity. I compared to scart & scart is also superb but HDMI does go that one better. I mainly tried Pitch Black & Toy Story to test the colour definitions. The darks in PB were very solid & not patchy even though I had "Black Stretch" off & the colours in TS were so, well hard to explain, crystal isnt a good enough word, it was so good that I found myself staring at the screen for 15 mins or so with my jaw dropped lol

Definately the way to go

Only downside I can say for S97 is its functions - not a bad thing but bloody hell, the DVD player does so much its gonna take me 6 months to get used to it, still sitting on the couch staring at the remote trying to find the right button lol it has more settings than the TV& I thing it does everything apart from put the kettle on

You will enjoy it, as Im sure I will when I fathom all the functions out

Lee

9. Elephant Man

Elephant Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My TV does the same. But I wish the RED light would disappear when I switch it off.

10. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of black tape ? :laugh:

11. ManGina

ManGina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi guys. Hope you are all enjoying your Tosh's. I hope to buy in a short time and while I know this is off topic as lots of you are logged on now I hope someone can help. I may try to join Costco (the returns policy seems usefull :devil: ) but I dont know if it will fit in my car. I have a large estate (Camry) but need the dimensions of the box(s) to be sure. Other than that it will be Gultronics?. Any of you still have the box that you can measure for me :lease:

12. Elephant Man

Elephant Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    58" long and 21" deep & 36" high

13. ManGina

ManGina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: