1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can this projector handle hd

Discussion in 'TVs' started by figlio, May 20, 2004.

1. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have Sim2 Ht200 with a resolution of 800x600.Can this projector handle High Definition material?

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Hi,

All input signals will be scaled to the native 800x600 resolution. Check the manual to see if it will take 720p or 1080i signals.

Steve

3. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yes i read the manual and it says that can suppurt 720p and 1080i but how does this work.

4. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the previous poster replied, it will scale both 720p and 1080i to 800x600. I assume your projector is a 4:3 ratio and as all HD material is 16:9 it will probably actually display it 800x450.

In terms of actual luminance resolution, bearing in mind DVD at 720x576 is probably already using all of your projectors available resolution anyway, the benefit you get from HD may well be prettty minimal. The colours may look a bit better and you may see less compression artefacts but I wouldn't expect a massive leap in performance.

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hidef on an 800x600 projector will indeed show very little improvement over DVD. You'll really only start to see the benefits with higher resolution displays.

Time for an upgrade :p

:smoke:

6. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    For now I am not interested to upgrade. At the moment is not a good time to buy a projector. Intel is going in the market to produce chip for projector so I think price will be alot cheaper due to competition. Another reason I am waiting for the 1920*1080 chip to be launched so for the moment I am ok with my setup.I was going to replace my projector with a Sim2 Domino 30 but I will do it maybe next year with a Sim2 projector that has a resolution as mentioned above.Does people agree with my decision? :smashin:

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, a good decision.

I wouldn't worry about hi-def until then either :)