1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can this price be real!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by RoyalRick, Jun 30, 2005.

1. RoyalRick

RoyalRick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba TLP/ET1 £376.00 from oyyy.co.uk. Anyone heard of them? Phoned them and they confirmed price, that these are new machines and they have stock. dads.com advertise refurbished projectors at £400. These generally retail over £800 new.

Has anyone dealt with this company, let me know, dont want to miss a bargain. :)

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Yep that looks like the current price from most suppliers these days, have a look around the forum and you'll find out what other who have these think of them and what other projectors generally are competing against it, as there is a few around the £500 nowadays.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    If you do a search on this forum for oyyy you'll find there are already quite a few happy punters who purchased an ET1 from them, and it looks like there will be a few Epson buyers too. The Benq 5120 is also a good choice for around the 500 notes mark. The PJ market has never been so competitive, and it's only gonna get better. You can get some amazing kit for around 1K which only a few years ago would have cost as much as a family car...PJ :)

4. matisamd

matisamd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow thats excellent, nice price drop, hope they keep dropping like that, instead of buying a new bulb for £300 i think i'll be buying a new PJ :thumbsup:

5. tonyjones

tonyjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I think you can trust this site, I bought an ET1 from there and it turned up very quickly and it was definately new and not refurbished.

The ET1 is tremendous value at this price but I see they are also selling the Epson TW10H at £469, although this is £85 dearer it's worth the extra so if you can afford the extra I suggest comparing the 2 before you buy.

Good luck whichever one you buy.