Can this be done with b&w speakers ?

YO YO

I have a set off 602 s1 at the rear and have just got some 603s3 at the front there 602s1 are still like new but I am thinking is it possable to swap the tweeters to s3 ones? Will they fit stright in will [email protected] sell me them to swap them, would I need to swap the crossovers as well,

Has anyone dome it on here

or do you think IRS easter just to get a set of s3s

Medrep1

I may stand corrected but i'd guess the actual tweeter itself is either the same or not too dissimilar to the other ranges?

I'd guess it would be the crossovers and cabinets that may differ slightly with the newer ranges?

Id say it would be easier to just buy the S3 ones, lots to go wrong by swapping and the likelyhood is that you would never sell the old ones. Most things modified/altered lose their value immediately.

deckingman

Personaly, I doubt very much if you would be able to detect any difference between S1s and S3s, especially when used only as rears. I'd save the money and stick with what you have.

YO YO

I may stand corrected but i'd guess the actual tweeter itself is either the same or not too dissimilar to the other ranges?

I'd guess it would be the crossovers and cabinets that may differ slightly with the newer ranges?

Id say it would be easier to just buy the S3 ones, lots to go wrong by swapping and the likelyhood is that you would never sell the old ones. Most things modified/altered lose their value immediately.

yer its just me with my silly ideas again lol

(my old car moding days are trying to come back again lol i spent 10k moding a fiesta and then sold it for 3k lol)

think i may just try to get hold off some 600 s3, 601 s3 in sorreto or maybe even go for it and get 603 s3 in sorreto

YO YO

Personaly, I doubt very much if you would be able to detect any difference between S1s and S3s, especially when used only as rears. I'd save the money and stick with what you have.

there does seem aot of different between the 602s1 i had at the front and the 603 s3 i have there now in the singing and that but maybe a bit to do with the 602 and 603??

Timh

Distinguished Member
To change the whole Tweeter would be quite expensive.
Not 5 minutes ago I ordered a diaphragm to replace a pushed in one on a LCR60S3 and it came to £24.48 delivered.
The whole Nautilus Tweeter would be quite expensive and might not even fit and then you probably wouldn't notice a difference.

You could always give them a call.

B&W Group Ltd - UK Spares & Repairs (UK Customers Only)
Service Department, Dale Road
Worthing, West Sussex
BN11 2BH
Tel: (01903) 221700

deckingman

there does seem aot of different between the 602s1 i had at the front and the 603 s3 i have there now in the singing and that but maybe a bit to do with the 602 and 603??

I'd say that is entirely due to the difference between 602s and 603s rather than anything to do with which series they are.

Timh

Distinguished Member
I'd say that is entirely due to the difference between 602s and 603s rather than anything to do with which series they are.

I would agree with that...
My Brother has the 603S2's and I have the 603S3's and they sound totally different to each other.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom