Can this be corrected at all?

Lesmond

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

I'm in persuit of absolute perfection from my Loewe TV :rolleyes: if that is at all possible!

I noticed (only when using a series of test cards) that the right side of the screen is *ever so slightly* higher at the top & lower at the bottom in a gradual sense, as the picture shows (greatly exagerated!):

Click here then open loewe.png (remote linking forbidden by the provider!!)

Is there a setting in the geometry service section that can sort this out? It is literally only out by a line or two, so its not important - but if correctable.... :smashin:

Thanks!!

Les.

Try a combination of EW Amplitude, EW Upper & EW Lower. Might need to adjust rotation a little to get it perfect.

Thanks Groundy. I've already changed those settings as they required tweaking for another reason.

I think I'll start with resetting all the changed geometry settings back to how they were initially and then work from there.

If anyone knows a better way, please let me know!

Thanks

Les.

I have the same problem on a Philips 32pw9527. I can't find any option in the service menu to correct it. One would wish there was a "vertical trapezium" option. However I find that moving my main speakers (not shielded) can reduce the problem somewhat.:rolleyes:
I have a few other imperfections; Slight out of focus in the corners (any solution for this?) and a minor shift in the image to the left whwn using RGB input (don't know how to fix this either):confused:

Well I reset everything back to 'delivery spec' and started over.

I've got it as close to perfection as possible using most of the geometry settings and it looks good. Real good.

I doubt any TV will be 100% perfect... I am a fussy git after all :D

Les.

Les,

which Loewe do you have? I have a Vitros on order, and would appreciate any help on the service menu on loewe TVs. I expect i'll need to make minor adjustments as well (also a fussy git!) but do NOT want to risk making things worse by being foolish!

Excellent,

thanks Lesmond, thats a great help, just need to wait to have mine delivered now!

Jagsta

woohoo! I just phoned TV and Video Direct to chase up a delivery date on my Vitros, and they're going to deliver it this afternoon! Fantastic, I just hope it arrives unscathed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom