Can they be that good???

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have noticed recentely that on the DVD section of ebay that there are a great deal of DVD players for sale brand new by relativly unknown brands.

They all seem to have the most up to date features including progressive scan for both NTSC and PAL they also include all other modern features ie SCCD, DVD-A,they will play almost any disc you throw at it,component out,MP3, etc etc.

However they are for sale at ridiculously cheap prices.
Now i know there is no such thing as a free lunch but if these players offer all these things then surely they must be worth an audition, especially at 75 to 100 quid a pop.

Have any of you tried one of these machines? if so then please tell me what they are like.
Are they turkeys? if so please tell Me
I would love to know how a company makes such a highly specified machine at this price level.

Cheers,
John.

These days, £75-100 isn't that cheap. It's weeks since I first saw a DVD player at £39.95; I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see DVD players at £25 before the year is out.

D.

Thats true David, I have seen DVD players for sale at 40 pounds in a few outlets but these are very basic players.

The ones i were talking about were, in specification very high.
They also claimed to use "high end components" and even claimed to use the same components as some very familiar high end companies.
I wont mention them but go and have a look yourself and im sure you'll see who.
My point is that we all know that we can buy a DVD player for very little these days but not such a well specified player as said mentioned. Are these little known brands any good???

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom