1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Tosh 32ZD26 stand be made deeper?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by kwangomango, Jan 24, 2003.

1. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Had a quick measure of the internal depth and found it to be quite small. I noticed that there is a pillar inside which decreases the depth even more. Can this be removed and allow the stand to still support the TV? I am hoping not to have to keep the Tivo and Yamaha AX630 outside.

Cheers for any help.

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, the depth is fixed and isn't very, er, deep.

I had to buy a new, separate stand for my AV amp when I got my 36ZD26P as it wouldn't fit in. Well, it did, but there was no room to actually connect the cables!

3. carpeteyes

carpeteyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Does anyone have there amp inside the cabinet?
    If so what make do they have?
    I am looking for an amp that fits inside but there seems very little choice.
    Any ideas
    Thanks
    Carpeteyes

4. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I don't think any full size av amp will as they are all around 400mm deep. Pioneer do a couple of slimline receivers which will fit-->

VSX C100
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=1601&taxonomy_id=62-98

VSX C550
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=2089&taxonomy_id=62-98

The C100 has had some decent reviews and can be had for about £150 from Richer Sounds. Review here-->

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/tes...stbench/Amplifiers/Pioneer/PioneerVSXC100.php

32ZD26 cabinet dimensions-->
    Top shelf W760mm H165mm
    Bottom shelf W760mm H200mm

The cabinet depth is 460mm but due to the large centre pillar, the usable depth is 360mm. The extra 100mm can be useful to accomodate scart plugs etc if move the player to one of the sides.

Hope this helps.

5. carpeteyes

carpeteyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  6. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Depending on the space taken up by speaker cable plugs going into the back of the unit it should just about fit depth wise.
    These things do tend to chuck out quite a bit of heat so i would be a little concerned about leaving it enclosed all the time. It would help a lot if you left out the small back section of the stand(the last piece you are asked to fit when building it) to allow some air in. Hopefully someone with real world experience would care to comment?
    BTW the C100 Pioneer i mentioned has an internal fan which kicks in when the amp gets hot. Maybe this would be more appropriate?