1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Squeezebox be programmed to record/splice Internet Radio streams?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by extremelydodgy, Dec 2, 2004.

1. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I have a couple of Squeezeboxes at the moment and I'm very happy with them. But I have one major thing I'm not happy with: It won't record Internet Radio streams. Currently I use Creative Mediasource to record to MP3 and dump it on my players, which can depending on my inclination go from Flash to Discman to Mini HDD to big HDD.

The problem with any method I've used is the inability to record easily without fuss (like Minidisc) and also splice tracks easily (ditto). So why not use Hi-MD some of you might say, since it is so easy to record? The upload is the big problem. Uploading a Hi-MD disc into MP3 tracks is a long step and I'm never going to bother with it on a regular basis.

If the Squeezebox can't record streams, what I'm after is something standalone with audio inputs (analog and digital) which will talk to a server and dump MP3's onto it, and edit them too via front panel or remote based operation. Basically, a network-MP3-enabled Minidisc deck if I had to put it simply.

Does either thing exist?