Question Can the Sonos Beam be useful for me?

tamiron

Hi there,

I have a Samsung Smart TV installed on a wall in a problematic living room, acoustic-wise:
  • It's quite big: about 16.5 feet length x 16.5 feet width x 9 feet height (= 5x5x2.75 meters). The sofa is sitting right next to the wall in front of the TV.
  • 1 of the side walls is actually a big glass sliding door, it's an entrance to a balcony.
  • on the other side there is no wall - it's the entrance to the living room.
I added a sketch to illustrate the living room:

These features cause the TV's sound to be pretty weak and muffled while sitting on the sofa, and I want to fix this with a sound bar. The TV is used for every-day usage: watching the news and sometimes Netflix. I don't need a home theater-level of a sound bar. Just something to hear the basic stuff better, mostly speech.

Also because of other furniture that is fixed on the TV wall, I don't have a room for a subwoofer. So I searched for a decent sound bar with an acceptable price, and found the Sonos Beam.
I understood that it's a very nice sound bar, but also it's quite small, so I'm not sure if it will fit my living room and do the job.

What do you think?

keithwiggins

Hi there,

I have a Samsung Smart TV installed on a wall in a problematic living room, acoustic-wise:
  • It's quite big: about 16.5 feet length x 16.5 feet width x 9 feet height (= 5x5x2.75 meters). The sofa is sitting right next to the wall in front of the TV.
  • 1 of the side walls is actually a big glass sliding door, it's an entrance to a balcony.
  • on the other side there is no wall - it's the entrance to the living room.
I added a sketch to illustrate the living room:

These features cause the TV's sound to be pretty weak and muffled while sitting on the sofa, and I want to fix this with a sound bar. The TV is used for every-day usage: watching the news and sometimes Netflix. I don't need a home theater-level of a sound bar. Just something to hear the basic stuff better, mostly speech.

Also because of other furniture that is fixed on the TV wall, I don't have a room for a subwoofer. So I searched for a decent sound bar with an acceptable price, and found the Sonos Beam.
I understood that it's a very nice sound bar, but also it's quite small, so I'm not sure if it will fit my living room and do the job.

What do you think?
it may be small but packs a kick, its a good bar, if you spend more you will get extra features and a sub which you suggest you dont want, i would try it and see.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom