• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

can the s350 'force' 1080p 24hz through my reciever??

lbstyling

Established Member
as the title says,
i want to get 1080p 24hz through my pioneer ax2-av-s and into my pana th46pz70.
at the moment my system through a samsung 1500 bluray will only get 1080i /50hz, the reciever being the bottleneck i believe (i think its hdmi 1.2)

would be awsome if the s350 did what i wanted!!

Avi

Distinguished Member
as the title says,
i want to get 1080p 24hz through my pioneer ax2-av-s and into my pana th46pz70.
at the moment my system through a samsung 1500 bluray will only get 1080i /50hz, the reciever being the bottleneck i believe (i think its hdmi 1.2)

would be awsome if the s350 did what i wanted!!

The version of HDMI should make no difference to the video resolution/freq support. Are you sure Blu-ray is being output at 1080i/50hz ?

Under the Sony's video output section setting the "BD ROM 1080p/24 output" to "ON" forces the player to send 1080p/24 irrespective of EDID.

AVI

lbstyling

Established Member
The version of HDMI should make no difference to the video resolution/freq support. Are you sure Blu-ray is being output at 1080i/50hz ?

Under the Sony's video output section setting the "BD ROM 1080p/24 output" to "ON" forces the player to send 1080p/24 irrespective of EDID.

AVI

as i mention in my post i have a samsung bd1400-when i play a bluray i get 1080i come up on the display and i know i can only get 50hz as when i set to 24hz i get no picture.

i was under the impression some bd players can force the 1080p /24hz picture through my reciever??

Avi

Distinguished Member
as i mention in my post i have a samsung bd1400-when i play a bluray i get 1080i come up on the display and i know i can only get 50hz as when i set to 24hz i get no picture.

i was under the impression some bd players can force the 1080p /24hz picture through my reciever??

If it really is 50hz that will cause problems because most Blu-ray movies are encoded at 24 frames per seconds unlike DVD. This means player output options are 60hz or 24hz. 50hz would introduce frame rate artefacts when applied to Blu-ray movies.

1080p/24 force mode simply means the player sends this signal type irrespective of the receiving equipment being able to support it. If your AVR doesn't pass this signal to the display then it's an issue with the AVR not the player so force mode may not help. :)

Maybe a call to Pioneer tech support can help clarify what your AVR supports.

AVI

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
What is the video resolution set to on the amp? I think there's a pure mode which is passthrough. If it's 1080i, that might be why only 1080i from the player works.

lbstyling

Established Member
What is the video resolution set to on the amp? I think there's a pure mode which is passthrough. If it's 1080i, that might be why only 1080i from the player works.

the reciever is definatly the bottleneck- as when i connect the bluray player to the plasma screen (via hdmi) directly the player will output 1080p 24hz no problem.

if the forcethrough function of players like the pioneer fd51 wont fix this -what do they fix exactly??

kingfats

Distinguished Member
if the forcethrough function of players like the pioneer fd51 wont fix this -what do they fix exactly??

Hi. :)
No force 24p mode on the Pioneers i'm afraid,the feature works fine if your display needs the signal sent forced but if connecting through an amp what cannot passthrough 1080p then the forced mode won't help. :(
All the best.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
the reciever is definatly the bottleneck- as when i connect the bluray player to the plasma screen (via hdmi) directly the player will output 1080p 24hz no problem.

The player can only force it if it's connected to the screen direct. If you pass through an amp, it can over-ride the player.

Is the amp set to PURE for video resolution?

lbstyling

Established Member
can seem to find a control for video resolution-i have set it to 'pure direct' -makes no difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom