Can the Pronto fully control the Arcam DV88

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jon Weaver, May 2, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +715
    I have read comments about the 'quirky' nature of the DV88 IR, which seem to be solved with the Pronto (Which I am already fortunate enought to own)..

But what about descrete codes for ON/OFF?

I currently have a Samsung 709 which does not have a descrete code, but after a few months of thought, I got around it by using the following:-

ON = Play Button-Stop Button
    OFF= Play Button-Standby Button

This means that I can now turn the player on or off and therefore use these commands in a Macro.

But what about the DV88.. Is there a way to specifically turn in 'ON' or 'OFF'?

2. UrbanTiger

UrbanTiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jon,

I have the Pronto and the DV88, everything works great (far better than the crappy Arcam remote :D )

As for discretes, John Dawson has stated on these forums that they have been included in the latest firmware update. As I have my Pronto set up exactly how I like I'm not bothered about them, but if you mail him I'm sure he could give you details.

3. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +715
    Thanks for the info.. I am only bothered about a descrete OFF, because I have to 'macros'.

1. Turns everything off at 3AM, just in case I fall asleep, or go to bed and forget everything is on.

2. A button which does 'All Off'

I would be gutted if I spend a grand and lose this functionality.