1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Pronto fully control the Arcam DV88

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jon Weaver, May 2, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    I have read comments about the 'quirky' nature of the DV88 IR, which seem to be solved with the Pronto (Which I am already fortunate enought to own)..

But what about descrete codes for ON/OFF?

I currently have a Samsung 709 which does not have a descrete code, but after a few months of thought, I got around it by using the following:-

ON = Play Button-Stop Button
    OFF= Play Button-Standby Button

This means that I can now turn the player on or off and therefore use these commands in a Macro.

But what about the DV88.. Is there a way to specifically turn in 'ON' or 'OFF'?

2. UrbanTiger

UrbanTiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jon,

I have the Pronto and the DV88, everything works great (far better than the crappy Arcam remote :D )

As for discretes, John Dawson has stated on these forums that they have been included in the latest firmware update. As I have my Pronto set up exactly how I like I'm not bothered about them, but if you mail him I'm sure he could give you details.

3. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    Thanks for the info.. I am only bothered about a descrete OFF, because I have to 'macros'.

1. Turns everything off at 3AM, just in case I fall asleep, or go to bed and forget everything is on.

2. A button which does 'All Off'

I would be gutted if I spend a grand and lose this functionality.