1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Pioneer DVD565 playback DVD+R/RW discs ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by markg, Jan 10, 2004.

1. markg

markg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been hovering on the boards for a week of two and have joined today because I need an answer to the following :-
    I am seriously considering the Pioneer 565 and would like to know whether it can playback the plus discs.
    The reason for this is I make filmshows from my digital pics using my pc.
    I have read the online manual and it does not mention the compatability. On the other hand I have read a thread here that says it can play anything you throw at it plus it is advertised as a universal player.
    I am somewhat confused and relish a deinitive answer before I buy one.
    What other players under £250 can you recommend that will play back DVD+R/RW ?

thanks

Mark

2. mpdox

mpdox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

My Pioneer 565-a played perfectly DVD+RW (Emtec, if the name is important). I bought the disks by accident instead of DVD-RW for some tests, but it worked every time. I didn't try with DVD+R tough, even that I can't imagine those to not work after reading +RW.
    In the manual it doesn't say anything about +R(W) compatibility but well...

Regards

3. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My 565 will not play +R or +RW recorded using my Philips R890.

4. toshi

toshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing angers me more than this. I bought my toshiba 330e after a review in Home Cinema Choice (online) where they said that it could playback +R.+RW.-R and -RW. I have also read other reviews where people have said it can playback the different formats. I ahve tried both RW formats and neither is recognised (disc error appears). I have also read reviews where people state that the 330e cant playback +RW or -RW. So what is the deal, are these people lying or do some machines differ from others. The reason i mention this in this post is maybe you are having the same extremely annoying problem where one owners machine plays back certain media while anothers doesnt

5. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Welcome to the world of recordable DVD. There are so many critical variables in DVD recordable that a player will or will not play RW discs is only the tip of the iceberg. Media, recording device, recording software/firmware are variable and will play a part. You can only rely on players that YOU have tried.

6. mpdox

mpdox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Seems that you're perfectly right, a lot of variables are involved in this...
    Just for the record, my DVD+RW disks read by the Pioneer 565 were written with the Pioneer A06 recorder (latest firmware), maybe this can be the answer of the success, since it gave the same good results regardless of the software package tried: Pinnacle, Intervideo, Nero 6, CloneDVD...

Regards...

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,010
  8. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Interesting, just bought a Pioneer 106 DVD writer, and the 565 plays my +RW discs perfectly!