• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

can the oppo 205

markyboy156

Novice Member
can the oppo 205 be connected to a denon 4300 amp using 7.1 analouge connections i want the best sound quality from my oppo 205 using the denon if not any other way of connecting it up to still get the very best sound quality from the oppo 205 thanks

dante01

Distinguished Member
can the oppo 205 be connected to a denon 4300 amp using 7.1 analouge connections i want the best sound quality from my oppo 205 using the denon if not any other way of connecting it up to still get the very best sound quality from the oppo 205 thanks

No, it hasn't got analogue multichannel inputs. You'd need to be looking at the Marantz SR7011 for a comparable model that has the unputs you require.

Alternatively, just use an HDMI connection to convey the audio to the receiver. The DACs onboard the OPPO aren't really worth the trouble of using analogue multichannel connections and you cannot convey formats such as Atmos or DTS:X via analogue anyway.

Last edited:

citywalker

Established Member
Yes you can connect using 7.1 analog connections, if 4300 has inputs, but I don't think that this is better than hdmi connection for surround sound.

Still, separate stereo out may give some advantage for stereo music listening.

Edit : dante was faster :D

citywalker

Established Member
Agreed, I assumed, that 4300 has inputs (but I never looked)
My mistake.

Last edited:

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
Alternatively, just use an HDMI connection to convey the audio to the receiver. The DACs onboard the OPPO aren't really worth the trouble of using analogue multichannel connections and you cannot convey formats such as Atmos or DTS:X via analogue anyway.
He's talking about the 205, not the 203. The DAC's on the 205 are the very reason why he wants to use the analogue output. However you're right about the 3D sound formats being lost if you go that route.

dante01

Distinguished Member
He's talking about the 205, not the 203. The DAC's on the 205 are the very reason why he wants to use the analogue output. However you're right about the 3D sound formats being lost if you go that route.

I still bet he can't tell the difference in a blind test and he still wont get Atmos or DTS:X via analogue :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom