• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can the iPhone use mCenter?

Scapegoat

I currently have a Samsung e650 'smartphone' through work which I do not like. At all.

Previously when I disliked the provided phone I have sourced my own handset that was either locked to the Orange Network (our corporate provider) or an unlokced handset and put the work sim into the phone.

However the new phone uses software called mCentre to link to the corporate email and calender system (which is Lotus Notes).

The handset has a micro-SD card with the mCentre software on it, and putting this into a new e650, resulted in the new handset automatically uploading the settings to allow the replacement to connect to the work email / calender.

I really want an iPhone - either an unlocked one, or will wait until the Orange one becomes available.

However - will I be able to get it to link to my corporate IT via mCentre?

hutch

Distinguished Member
You need to forget mCenter because no that wont work.

What is your corporate email system? If its Exchange then it'll work if its not cant you just set up a POP mailbox to your work email address?

As for Calendar I dont think Lotus Notes is supported....

Speak to your IT department im pretty sure you wont be the first person who has wanted an iPhone.

Last edited:

Scapegoat

You need to forget mCenter because no that wont work.

What is your corporate email system? If its Exchange then it'll work if its not cant you just set up a POP mailbox to your work email address?

As for Calendar I dont think Lotus Notes is supported....

Speak to your IT department im pretty sure you wont be the first person who has wanted an iPhone.

Email is LN as well.

As for our IT dept - they won't support anyone doing things like this, so no chance of getting any help from there.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom