Can the 'generic' Xbox componet cable do Progressive Scan?

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I am trying to get a 'Progressive Scan' solution for my Xbox and with lot of help from Owain Thomas it appears that I have bought the wrong cable.

It seems that I should have bought the 'High Definition Pack', but what I bought was just a component video cable.. It has an Xbox connector on one and and 5xphonos (3 for Component and 2 for Audio) on the other. However, it is a Component cable and I am still wondering whether this cable will 'allow' the Xbox to give me 'progressive' modes.

I am aware that I should be using the 'High Def' pack.. But, as this is an un-offical cable, its entirely possible that as far as the Xbox is concerned, it IS a 'High Definition' cable and might still allow the modes.

Has anyone else tried a generic Component Cable?

I have found the 'High Definition' pack in the USA for $20, so I am tempted to order it from there, as there is no hurry, but if I can get it working with the cable I have, I will be more than happy.

owain_thomas

check your email jon, I'm sure the cable will work fine for prog if it works fine for interlaced.

Owain

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Owian,

Checked my email on both accounts and there is nothing new... What address did you send it too?

Jon

owain_thomas

sorry it took a while (hotmail servers being shoddy), it should be on your alcatel one now.

Owain

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
component is component mate. Doesn;t matter what make it is. Only get progressive from NTSC or chipped Xbox thugh..:)

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Got it sorted now... Finally got my Plasma installed and with the Component cable, I can get progressive scan, once I set the box to NTSC.

Not bad for a £12 cable!!.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom