1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Denon 3803 down-sample?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by crawf1982, May 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If all goes to plan, by the end of the summer my home theatre will feature (in part) a projector, tv, Denon 3803 and a games console or 2.

I plan to connect the games console(s) to the receiver via component cables. I would like the option of playing the consoles on either the tv or the projector. Will the 3803 allow me to "down-sample" and output to the tv via the svideo monitor output?

Also, does anybody know when we can expect the next round of home theatre receivers? Is the 3803 likely to be surpassed by the end of the summer?

Cheers,

Dave

2. Aydon

Aydon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand that the 3803 can up-sample, but not down-sample. If you go in with Component you can't come out with S-Video / composite / etc.

3. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hmmm. That's a bit of a pain. Can anybody else confirm this?

Cheers,

Dave

4. BabylonP

BabylonP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Dave

I have a A1SR and even this does not down sample, it will only up sample. So I think a no go for what you want to do.

5. vdeknock

vdeknock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Afraid it is correct. I have my TV connected up with component and composite with a component feed from the DVD. I only get a picture thru the component input on the TV. I just purchased a new TV but will have the same problem when I get a projector as the Denon only has one component output and wish to keep the TV in the room as well. But the plan is to only ever watch DVD's on the projector!!! The other option is to connect the DVD/game system with svideo as well and pick the correct feed depending on what you are viewing it thru.