Can splitter cable signal both ways?

Dad61

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello from a first time poster.
I have a projector which is about 12 years old, HD ready and still going strong.
I bought an HDFury 2 a few years ago, to give me HD from an HDMI lead plugged into the HDFury from either my Virgin box or from my phone via Chromecast.
I recently bought a media player from Ebay. This accepts all kinds of inputs/outputs.
I want to plug my films into it on a usb stick, instead of using my phone.
I have a VGA/SVGA cable attached to my projector from my HDFury 2.
I'm told that because the media player already converts and outputs the signal to HD, the HDFury can't handle it, giving me a blank screen.
My solution is to use a Y splitter cable. I can turn off the HDFury when using the media player, and vice versa.
I found the cable I need - I think - after weeks of searching, on Ebay. -

VGA SVGA 1 Male to 2 Dual Female Y Splitter Monitor Video Cable for PC LCD.

It says it is for sending a signal from a PC to 2 monitors.
My question is, will it work in reverse? Can I send images from 2 'PC's' as it were, to one 'monitor'/projector?
The outputs on the HDFury and media player are male, and the projector cable is female.
Thanks for any advice.

'I'm told that because the media player already converts and outputs the signal to HD, the HDFury can't handle it, giving me a blank screen' - more likely the Media Player is doing something non-standard with the format of the HD signal it is outputting. The Fury would have no knowledge of what you were doing to the signal prior to it being Output on the HDMI socket of the Source.

What is the Media Player and what format is the signal it is Outputting?

Joe

It looks like the Player Outputs everything as 1080p vis its HDMI socket - convert that to analogue RGBHV (VGA) or YPbPr (3RCA) via the HDFury and you will need to ensure the Display handles analogue 1080p, many Displays won't on VGA as they are expecting a 'PC' format signal (1024x768 ...).

Is there an option to change the Output format of the HDMI socket on the Player?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom