Can someone with a HD65 check something for me please?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by emporer, Jun 13, 2008.

1. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I'm looking at getting one of these in a couple of weeks but am a bit concerned with throw distance. I've had a measure and the pj lens would be pretty much 3.5m away from the screen. Now, I am thinking of a 1.8m screen but the max distance on the Optoma calc is 3.06m so obviously the image would be too big to go onto the screen. I've considered a 2.13m screen which would be the next size up from a 1.8m but am worrying it would be too big,but it looks like I may well have to have the 2.13 screen.

the calc states 3.45m distance for the 2.13m (actual area 203cm wide) so this would be cutting it very close.

Can anybody test out the size and viewing distance around this for me?

cheers

2. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    Been measuring up more acurately and I may just make it, the calc says for 203cm wide image the distance is 3.04m - 3.45m, from screen to wall (using wall mount for pj) is 3.69m, now i'm thinking of a voguls wall mount which would be about 30cm sothat should bring me to 3.39m but i'm presuming the lens will actually stick out more than the edge of the mount so as long as the calc is right then I should just make it.

3. twm

twm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there emporer, ive currently got it sitting at a distance of 3.4m and its giving me a screen width of 2m nearly dead on. ive been looking at 92 inch screens on ebay (imperial and metric is a right pain) giving a 2.03m by 1.14m which would be ideal.

4. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I'm going for a Beamax R series screen which is 203cm wide viewing area, the pj can be no more than 3.45m away so i'm hoping my calculations are correct.

Why is there very little tolerance with this model, my old HD72i had alot more tolerance.