1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone tell me the dimensions of the JVC AV32R25 please?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by MLAM, Jun 13, 2002.

1. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    JVC AV32R25 - Is this a good TV, I do believe some members here have this set and could you give me your opinions on this set.

Also someone give me the dimensions for the set please.

thanks

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to the JVC web site and follow the links to email them. Once you've emailed them, a phone number will appear on the next page. Give them a call - I've found them to be extremely helpful in the past with such things.

3. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Does anyone have this set here?

If so could they post there opions of the TV.

thanks

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If used to have the 28" version. If you do a search for "AV28R25" you will find many comments and a brief review from me.

5. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    When you say its not possible to adjust the RGB's Contrast is that on the actual TV or in another menu?

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can't adjust it at all. Anywhere. Using any menus. That includes the service menu.

7. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I don't quite follow, there is a Contrast adjustment setting on the picture settings, unless you mean there are other adjustment settings on other TV sets.

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, there is a contrast adjustment in the picture settings.

But when the TV is receiving an RGB input, the only thing that the TV will let you adjust is the picture tint and the brightness. The TV automatically uses preset settings for RGB input. It ignores any contrast or other settings you may have (apart from picture tint and brightness).

This is common on a number of sets, not just JVC. Basically, some TVs disable contrast etc for RGB input. Others (like my Sony) let you adjust everything on RGB input (including colour).

9. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    ok,

I'm just a casual TV watcher, and will watch DVD and VHS.

Will I find the RGB sockets settings poor or is it just a thing that is more apparent to more technical people?

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, if you don't connect your DVD or set-top box via RGB then it's not a problem. The S-Video input on the JVC looked very good.

If you do use RGB, then you will notice it. Even my mother noticed it and she's a pensioner (no disrespect to pensioners, but you know what I mean ;)). The picture was just so dull and dark and I tested this using both my Pace set-top box and my Sony DVP NS300 player.

The engineer that came round to check the fault I had reported rang back to base and told me that they had had an awful lot of complaints about the RGB input on the AV28R25 (the 32" was not available then) and on other JVC TVs.

11. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Well on my 9 year old Sony TV (KVX 2962) the RGB sockets picture is awfully soft in comparison to the S-Video scart socket.

it only has 2 scart sockets, the S-Video is being used by my S-VHS JVC VCR and my DVD player is using RGB

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Odd. Maybe it has separate sharpness controls for each socket. Try turning the sharpness up a bit.

It also depends on the quality of the scart cable you are using and the quality of output from the DVD player.

13. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    The sharpness is on MAX in the picture settings menu, I don't think there is a service menu on the TV set,

I have got a high quality gold scart lead and have plugged it into both sockets and and the picture is sharper via AV2 (its not using S-Video) but the picture is sharper than the RGB.

Are any shops willing to wire up a DVD player to a TV?

14. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Currys and Comet are a waste of space if you want to test a TV. They told me it wasn't worth hooking up aDVD player as "all TV's will look good with DVD". Idiots. They just couldn't be bothered.
    I've got a great idea though if you do want to try these shops, though I haven't tested this myself yet:

Go to the shop and start looking at the TV. Soon they will approach you. Tell them you are very interested in buying the TV. Ask them what warranties they do and ask for the maximum term as you like to be well protected. They will be extremely helpful by now as they make their money on these rip off warranties. Get them to give you a total cost (which will be high!) and make out that you are keen to go ahead with the purchase. Their eyes will light up. Then just as you are going to go and fill in the payment details say "Oh, I nearly forgot. Can I just have a quick look at the TV with a DVD player hooked up as that it what I use a lot". I'm sure by now they will only be too happy to oblige. Test the TV with the DVD then say "Thanks for that, the set looks great but I ain't buying from you clowns as you only want to help when it benefits you. Goodbye" Then walk out!:D
    Go on, give it a try!
    Failing that, go to an independent shop. This is what I have done and they have bent over backwards for me. I have been able to take my own DVD player to them and test as many TV's as I've wanted.

15. Momo

Momo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    946W x 561.5H x 551 mm