• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can Someone Recommend me Some Headphones.

zynexiatech

Established Member
Right here goes, I was wondering if someone can recommend me some headphones based on what I use them for as not really happy with my current choice. as a Budget I can probably goto £100 UK Pounds Delivered.

Currently I have Some Sennheiser HD595's and AKG K514, I find the HD595's v.comfortable especially for gaming and they sound excellent but for music not enough base plus the misses moans at night as there open about sound leakage. AKG 514's were a cheap 2nd set for movies but there not that comfy and make for sweaty ears and thus for any use cant be used for long without annoying me.

Uses:

Main Use - Xbox 360 (FPS Games Mostly On Xbox Live Call Of Duty Etc) these are connected through a JVC SU-DH1 Dolby Headphone Adapter.

Secondary Uses - Movies through PS3 via JVC SU-DH1 then into my Neco Soundlab Portable Headphone Amp (AD8066 opamp) which then powers 2 headphones for watching films (me and the misses)

Music through My netbook which the headphones are connected to a Hotaudio bit-perfect USB DAC, main music I listen to is Hip-Hop, Rap, R&B, Dance, Rock (Linkin Park etc) mainly a bit of everything.

I think there is enough info here and can hope someone can recommend me some headphones based on this.cheers.

zynexiatech

Established Member
Here are a few that I am considering, any thoughts?

Denon AH-D1001 (£84.99)
JVC HA-RX900 (£59.99)
Shure SRH440 (£64.99)

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom