Can someone recommend a good home media engineer/installer?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Daniel Green, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Daniel Green

Daniel Green
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have recently renovated our house and now having moved in realise we have made two rather large AV errors.

Problem 1 -

We decided to put the HD box in our bedroom as we didn't want the box on show downstairs and thought that we could connect using coax cables and live with the degrade of picture quality... we realise now that we can't. The problem is that the signal goes from our bedroom up to the loft where we have a distribution system which then sends the picture to the rest of the house. The wires are all obviously behind the walls so any rewire will require some effort and also cosmetic repairs.

I am looking for a recommendation for an AV / Tech / Media installer / engineer who can do something like this for us... don't necessarily have to do the cosmetic repairs I can probably find a decorator to do that.

2. Daniel Green

Daniel Green
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    p.s. we are in the London area...

3. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hi Dan.

There are two ways you could do this without any damage, but it depends on the number of other tv's you have in the house.

The first would be to use a hdmi over coax point to point link to get the hd signal down to the loving room and then feed the rest of the house with the rf2 signal you currently have.

The other would be to up convert the hdmi signal to and freeview HD channel and the all tv's which have a freeview hd tuner will be able to view it. NOTE: ordinary freeview Tv's will not be able to view hd channels. There are also standards freeview encoders which would allow all tv's to view the sky box, just not in HD.

I am just about to put one of these in for another client (an optician with the same pictures quality issue) so if you want to wait a bit, then I'll let you know how well it works.

Hth

V.

4. DLoop

DLoop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Would be interested in hearing how you get on with the FreeviewHD solution.