1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can someone quickly tell me how to twiddle convergence on sony rear pros

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fisha, Jun 12, 2003.

1. fisha

fisha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I;m looking round for a rear - pro TV and at the moment i'm quite set on the Tosh 42WT29B. Although i like the overall look of the Sony KP44PX2U.

The only thing is that in comet ( the onlyplace i can see the 2 side by side ) i cant seem to be able to set the convergence on the Sony.

I've spent time setting up the Tosh till i;m really happy with the picture, but i cant setup the sony - so i;m not getting a fair comparison.

When i'm in the menus on the sony i seem to be able to get to one which says RGB setting, but i cant select anyting beyond that.

So can someone quickly tell how to play with tjhe convergence on the new sony rear pro's?

many thanks, Donald

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the sony px2 has auto convergeance. if you look on the right hand side of the set there is a little door which you have to push to open. if you push the button on the bottom right (6 altogether) that should do it. BTW I have had a tosh, panasonic and sony rp tvs. The sony PX2 has been the best

hth
    shaun

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PS

the little door is just round the side from the main on/off button

shaun

4. fisha

fisha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok guys - thanks very much - trhats definietly one of those things you dont automatically see when your in the shop.

still not convinced about the sony out-performing the tosh. although the convergence was slightly out - was still able to play with the colour and brightness and in all situations - i just felt the Tosh was more vibrant, lively picture viewable from wider angles.

i'll set the convergence on the sony some time later this week and have another, longer look.

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well I had the Tosh 42wh18b. great set but the sonys picture is better. i have owned both for 6 months or so so I have had pleanty of time to faff with them. The tosh was good but the sonys picture looks more like a crt picture than that of a rp. The build quality of the Sony is also far superior.

shaun

6. SuperFly

SuperFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 56" Toshiba TV and it beats the equivalent Sony by a vast margin.
    Mainly because the actual screen is fantastic, the only one i've seen which is totally non reflective. Also very bright and vibrant and excellent build quality.