1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help with connection problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by dazwright31, Sep 22, 2004.

1. dazwright31

dazwright31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to connect my Sony sky box to my panasonic SCHT520 system, I have the sky box connected to my tv with a scart lead and the audio outputs from the sky box to the TV audio input on the cinema system. this makes the speakers hiss very loudly however when i put the audio from the sky box to the VCR or AUX connections on the home cinema the sound is fine...any ideas

also can someone answer this... when things such as a sky box or an Xbox or video are connected to the Panasonic system via audio leads will the panasonic system convert the sound to Dolby digital and output through all the speakers ?

sorry if these questions seem silly but I just got the Panasonic system and i'm playing around trying to find the best way of connecting my kit up
    cheers
    daz

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't answer question 1 but you need an engineer for it.
    Answer to your second question is no, it will convert it to Pro Logic II which is a matrixed surround that will use all speakers, but not to anywhere near Dolby Digital standards!

3. dazwright31

dazwright31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply,
    I used to connect the xbox to my Panasonic TX36PB50 tv via an optical lead but the home cinema system has no optical input..is there any way I can connect the xbox optical lead to the system..(Is there such a thing as an optical to RCA adapter ?)

4. ChrisFlem

ChrisFlem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Howdy Daz.

I have the same panasonic system as you so I hope you can help me with this question, i'm sure its a basic one but I am new to this technology stuff.

Is it possible to get the TV to play through the panasonic system and the audio to play through the 5.1 speaker set up. It works when watching DVD or listening to CDs but not TV. I know this seems like a daft question but its annoying me as I can't seem to get it to work?

Any tips?

5. dazwright31

dazwright31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi m8
    I watch TV through my sky box and thats connected to my TV with a scart lead and the audio outputs from the sky box to the TV (or VCR) inputs on the panasonic system..

when watching the TV i set the panasonic system to TV and then using the "Super surround" button on the remote control set the sound to Movie ..this gives sound through all the speakers although not in Dolby digital as you need optical inputs for this..something I wish the panasonic system had

if your TV has sound outputs connect them to the TV in on the panasonic system and set the sound to the same settings.

hope this helps let me know if I can be of any assistance

cheers

darren

6. ChrisFlem

ChrisFlem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate....I have the installation man from sky coming on Saturday so I will give your advice a whirl then.

Cheers again
    Chris

7. antlvk

antlvk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i thinking to buy ht520 but donno whether it has optical input or not? i wanted to connect my ps2 to it... anyone?

8. DD29

DD29
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting this to hook my Gamecube to, but I’ve heard that it only decodes pro logic II from DVD/CD. Anyone know if this is true as it doesn’t seem to make much sense to me if it is.

Cheers.

9. Father Ted

Father Ted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 520 does not have an optical input :thumbsdow