Can someone help please Navman S90i Vs Becker Traffic Assistant Pro

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Holdav, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Holdav

Holdav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Need a satnav (i say need, it would be a nice toy) for work. The boss has given me two (3 really) options

the Navman S70
    the Navman S90i
    and the Becker Traffic Assistant Pro (ferrari version)

And i have no idea, are any of them any good? I say two options really cause surely the S90 is just a better S70 and as the boss is willing to pay why not get the better.

This will be my first sat nav so i'd like it to be easy to use. If the three of these aren't that good please say and i'll tell him i want something else and see what he says!

If anyone can help or advise it would be much appreciated.

TIA

2. xtraseller

xtraseller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definately the Navman s90i

The Becker system uses Navigon as its software and Navteq mapping - which is great (I have several sat navs, including a just released Navigon 7110)

However, the Becker system uses an older version of the software, even though its a newish system (Sony does to) and even older mapping

The S90i from Navman is due out in a week or so and will have Teleatlas 2007 q4 mapping (the very latest available anywhere) a looks like being a more robust unit (in terms of software)

If you wish to go Navteq mapping go for a Navigon 7110, which I have (great), but otherwise go with the Navman s90i which I will be getting soon as I've used Navman products before they are straight forward and reliable, and this their latest release, really is bang up to date in every respect

3. phattanglo

phattanglo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would like to add a question if I may.
    I recently discovered Becker during some random Googling.
    Can anyone confirm if the Becker system and I'm thinking of the 7934 in particular as it matches my budget is one of the few that includes eastern europe as standard.
    Cheers Kev.

4. Nyquist

Nyquist
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :confused: :confused:

Hi I just saw this post and would like to ask you a question if I may. I am also thorn between s90i and Navigon 7110. Now Becker 7827 came into picture too. I am really keen on the "Lane Information" and "reality view" features.

As someone who owns both Navman s90i and Navigon 7110 can you please tell me your views.

Thanks a lot for all your time and help. :clap: