Can someone help me with Samsung soundbar hw- m460

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by houly, Dec 15, 2017.

1. houly

houly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i have an issue with the sound

When I connect to Samsung tv via optical the sound isn’t that great for sky tv... at 100 sound it’s like normal viewing sound for me

Also the same via Bluetooth... sound is rotten

But when I connect via Bluetooth from mobile phone the sound would put a hole in the wall it’s that loud

I’ve been back to currys with it and they’ve gave me a new one after going through Samsung remote support and them not being able to sort it either, they said to take it back for exchange.

So I’m now on my second one and it’s doing the same

The sound is also great via firestick but the sky box and zgemma box I use the sound is woeful when at max

Thanks for any help

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,552
    1. Never run an amplified device at 100, that is a sure fire way to damage the unit when something loud kicks in.

2. SKY - as a test have you tried connecting the Optical Out on the SKY Box direct to the Soundbar?

3. Assuming the above test works OK revert back to SKY > TV > Soundbar and have a look at the Sky HDMI audio and TV Optical audio settings.

4. TV Optical Out - is is set to Fixed or Variable? If the TV offers Variable Out you may find it remembers the level for each Input and if you are then using the Soundbar Remote to adjust the Vol the TV could be limiting the level arriving at the Soundbar for some Sources.

Joe

3. houly

houly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the reply joe

I didn’t try the sky box as I have more than one digi box so I’d have been limited to sky only

Not sure on your option 4 as I’ve just swapped sound bars around and connected my LG one to the Samsung tv and connected the Samsung sound bar to my Panasonic tv and both are working fine now. No idea why the 2 Samsung’s wouldn’t work right together