1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me with resolutions... im about to go crazy

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by CyBeRkId2002, May 27, 2005.

1. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Morning all...
    I've just finished setting up my first HCPC and all has gone well except for getting the resolution up and running nicely....

Right, here are the details:

I have a 128mb Radeon 9250SE GFX card
    I have a Screenplay 4805 PJ
    I have NO monitor (dont know if this is need for setup)

When I try and setup the resolution to anything other than a standard 640x480 etc. the PJ flashes up a few seconds and then reverts back to 640x480 (at least thats what the PJ detects).

I have tried installing the PJ as a Sony GDM-W900 as suggested elsewhere but to no avail. I have not however been able to turn disable plug and play monitors... where is this setting and is it likely to make a difference. I am also unable to set this pj up on a PC monitor first as i dont have one available at the moment. Is this likely to make a difference?

Any help at all would be much appreciated as i have already spent over 5 hours trying to sort this one thing out...

Michael

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not familiar with your pj but with mine you need to run PowerStrip.

You also say you changed the monitor, how many monitors show in Device Manager. Have you got the pj set as the default monitor. Are you connected via DVI or analogue VGA?

How are you adjusting the resolution? Using the graphics card settings presumably. You have to ok the new settings or it will revert back as a safety measure in case your monitor doesn't support the new res.

Dave

3. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    hi dave,
    I have tried powerstrip but to no avail... the pj is the default (and only) monitor and is connected via VGA...

Im coming to the conclusion that the resolutions i wish to see are not possible through the VGA cable but should be ok through DVI? Does anyone have any idea whether im right about this?

Michael