Can someone help me please?

bentleg

Hi

I brought battlefield 2 the other day and installed it on my machine, only to realise that my graphics card was not supported. So I brought a Radeon X800 pro from a friend. But things are still very touchy some times the game loads to the options screen, others it just locks up, I have tried different game settings from the lowest to the kind of performance id expect to get from the x800 with no avail.
I’ve not done too much with the cards settings and have restored back to default.
Are there any recommended settings for the card? And game or something that I’m not doing.??
If it helps here is a list of my set up

Processor
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache.

Motherboard
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc

Ram

Display
RADEON X800 Series [Display adapter]
LGE 17” set at 1024 / 768 @ 85 hertz is that helps

Multimedia
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

“All info gathered from Belarc advisor”

Cheers

Rambles

Distinguished Member
Check all your drivers are up to date, get all windows updates, do a full anti-virus and anti-spyware scan, see if there is a patch released for the game.

good luck

Last edited:

KraGorn

Lockups like this are usually down to one of two things .. graphics and audio. If your experiments with the graphics system fail to fix it try looking into audio, in particular 'hardware acceleration'. While the Soundmax IMX is a decent system (I too uses ASUS boards) I have experienced an Audigy which would lock-up when on 'high' mode with one particular game (Final Fantasy On-Line).

Top Bottom