Can someone help me choose a laptop/ notebook

Dan Drake

Standard Member
I am going travelling around Australia for 6 months and want a descent and portable laptop which has a reasonable battery life oh and doesn’t cost a stupid amount of money (between £200 - £350 is my budget).

Screen size needs to be between 11" and 14" and high definition (anti glare).

I would like it to have an SSD 16gb or greater (I will get an external hard drive as well, if it had USB3 that would be a big plus)

Needs to have a HDMI output that can playback and send 1080p with full HD sound.

The only use is going to be updating a blog, searching the web, uploading photos, video playback from blu-ray rips (no gaming or processor intensive stuff)

It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t come with an operating system as I have a copy of windows 7 that I can install.

I'm think maybe an atom dual core processor and 2gb ram (but any advice on this would be great)

So basically I know what spec I want but for the life of me I can't find a suitable laptop/ notebook.

If you have any advice it would be hugely appreciated as I feel like I am going round in circles.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom