1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help advise on a birthday present project

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dUnKle, Apr 26, 2005.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,496
    In need of some help and advice regards a birthday gift for my mate who will be 30 at the end of May

I have decided to create a kind of compilation CD of all the tunes that bring back memories of the 14 years we have known each other

I have got the tunes but need advice on a few of the finer points and detail

(1) What I want to do is create a booklet that would go with it - this would just include stories, events and pictures - what would I need to create such a thing and make it look as profesional as possible - would not be huge - possibly 10 pages including a front and back cover

(2) I need to have some form of box to keep the thing it - it will more than likely be a four CD set due to volume of songs - what could I use for this ? I think maybe one of those bigger multi DVD cases (like XFILES use) - however I would obviously need one to store the booklet as well

(3) I need to create a cover - the cover will be a picture with writing over the top - what will I need to achieve this

I have access to

MS Picture IT
    Latest Nero
    A PC
    A Scanner
    A Digital Camera
    A Cannon IP 4000 Printer

I have the idea pictured in my head and just could do with help making in reality

Also any ideas anyone could offer would be welcome

Have access to MS Publisher and Word

Does anyone have any Wizards or anything that will just make designing and 8 to 10 page booklet with photos easy

I can use Word but little \ no experiance with Publisher