1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone have a look at this?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nits2004, May 18, 2005.

1. nits2004

nits2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can someone have a look at this Plasma screen and let me know whether it is any good. Daewoo does not have a great name from reading other threads, but a mate of mine just bought one and says it is great.

here is the link
    http://www.daewoo-electronics.co.uk/gb/products/av_tv_plasma.htm

it is the DT-4820NH and was looking at the features section. not too sure what all of it means. I would just be looking at sky and DVD for the moment, but as i am being offered a deal on it, i was hoping for some opinions on it?
    are the tech specs ok for watching sky and DVD. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL. I understand from reading alot of the other threads too that panasonic are a good brand, but i am being offered this one at a considerably lower price.

Thanks

2. starnberg

starnberg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much are you being offered it for? there's plenty of misery on here from those who went for the Tiny screen that supposedly offered huge value for money but, in reality for most people, turned out to be a false economy.

37"PW7's (panasonic) can be had for about a grand - if you're using sky you don't need a tuner and you'll probably be far happier with the picture quality. 42" versions are a few hundred quid more and, admittedly, there are a few other bits & pieces you need, but it's worth considering.

I'm not knowledgeable to look at the specs and tell you whether its any good or not - best thing to do is get round your mate's house and look at his to see if you'd be happy with one...

3. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Resolution is low so pic quality will depend on how good the scaler is, contrast is nothing to write home about, doesn't mention any scart inputs (although you could connect via component or VGA with a converter).

There's much better out there but how low a price can you get it for?

John

4. nits2004

nits2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can get it for less than a grand. I also know there are 2 scart connections on it. i know it does not mention them in the features section.
    thanks for the advice, will prob go over to mates house.
    I am just looking for something with a decent reception, decent size and decent price. will look at it before buying.

cheers