Can somebody explain MW3 Clans to me...?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by kelvin, Dec 28, 2011.

1. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    No doubt me being particularly stupid after the festivities of Christmas... but can somebody explain clans in MW3 to me?

I'm new to the world of Modern Warfare online (PSN=kelvinpapp) and am currently going through the tedious process of ranking up, and getting shot repeatedly in the process :( It would be good to hook up with some likeminded folk from here, rather than be destroyed continually by total strangers :)

Kelvin

2. Det

Det
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,081
    Clans are basically groups of friends that play online together to killinate noobs, especially after Chrimbo so you won't see many of them on here for a couple weeks.

Not sure many clans are recruiting atm... may want to check with either Hybrids or Lone Wolves though.

3. joeprosho

joeprosho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    a clan is a group of people who essentially play the game under the same banner

it honestly makes playing the game a lot more enjoyable, as it provides you with people (adults?) to chat **** wuith especially if you are not at high school and subsequently do not have lots 100x 12-17yr old children on your PSN friends list

you will find threads for the various AVF clans in this exact section where you have posted, have a look at the different ones and see if there any who seem open to taking on new guys, alternatively you could also start your own (this is a little hard work)

some clans are really competitive and might require a certain standard of player, some are just for fun.. it really varies, esentially you would jsut send a PM to whoever was in charge and request to join, then you would add the people on PSN and play with them when they are online or such..

id reccomend trying to find something not very serious, and with people who play at times when you do aswell, some will play in the afternoon.. some in the early hours of the morning...

do a bit of digging :)

4. ODB_69

ODB_69
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,579
    as has been said people to play and chat with etc but there's a different side to it. I play but tend not too chat tbh. However I know that if I play with any of the LW or RoM boys then if we are on the same side they will cover me as much as possible and I will do for them. So if it was say Battlefield rather than COD I know that if I get shot then one of the guys will revive me or throw down a medipack/ammo etc and provide covering fire. COD's a little less of a team game than BF but its still best to play as a team. Plus with playing with people you know the playing styles of you know you have an advatnage straight away. You can also have callouts so someone will shout where they last got killed or where someone is camping etc.

Unless your a chatty type of person odds are when you play COD with randoms its every man for themselves, occasionally you'll meet people who play as a team but I'd say with randoms more often than not they play as individuals

Currently I dont believe RoM are recruiting but I may be wrong. Can always ask here - http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-...renegades-misfortune-new-clan-recruiting.html

alternatively try LW, I was previously LW so I can personally comment they are a great bunch - http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-clans-tournaments/1553653-lone-wolves-mw3-recruitment-thread.html

Even if you dont want to join a clan most would still play with you anyway, always fun to have new people join in

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  5. BaldEagle88

BaldEagle88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    A very early morning to you kelvin. We are currently not necessarily recruiting but always on the look out for new players with potential. Every Friday around 11ish we do private games which may benefit you as you'll be playing against good players and we can give you some tips.

Are you a serious every night gamer or more of a once a week if I'm lucky fella? Was you looking to join a clan and play competitive clan games or just looking for fun?

Let me know mate.

Eagle