1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can some people see the rainbow effect more than others?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KoThreads, Jan 28, 2005.

1. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    This is really getting to me.

I have an Acer PD113 DLP projector 1600 lumens, not brilliant but not expensive. input is Toshiba 340e prog on.

My screen is light cream 84" 16:9 diagonal, and the room is totally dark while viewing. Projector normally on ECO mode 1200 Lumen.

I've never seen the rainbow effect on my screen. I have seen it on other DLP's but all on bigger screens in less dark rooms.

No one else has seen it on mine either so can someone tell me is it to do with an individuals eyesight, the size of the projected image, or a mixture of both?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    its a mixture of everything mate ambientlight source PJ screen and eyesight

3. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I noticed it on mine when I first got my machine but my brain must be filtering it out now cause I don't see them at all.

I have also calibrated my machine now and it's a lot less brighter then it was before so that might have something to do with it.