Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Can some one tell me if this Philips LCD TV needs to be replaced?

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by tylercooper, Jun 24, 2018.

1. tylercooper

tylercooper
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am not an expert on LCD TV's, so I am helping my mom get hers figured out. She has had it for a while and a week or so ago the screen on it got very faint, like it lost one of it's colors (if it was a tube TV). I tried to reset the settings back to factory and it said that it was already at factory. I can read the menus but it does take some effort to see them all. The only other thing I can say is that if the TV is left off for a bit (maybe an hour or so), when you first turn it on the color will be fine for 2-3 seconds with full black. Then, it goes to very faint again. I am posting of photo of the screen at it's worst as well as the model number. I do not mind replacing her TV, however I don't to just throw out a perfectly good TV if it is just some menu setting or something. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tyler

Attached Files:

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,669
    No it's not a wrong setting, it's a fault and would need looked at by a professional.

3. tylercooper

tylercooper
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are these units really worth repairing or having some one look at them? It seems they can be purchased new for 3 or 4 hundred dollars? Is there anything special about her TV that it should be repaired.

4. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    Probably not worth the cost of repair with the relatively low price of LED tv's these days IMHO, more cost effective to buy new.