Can some one help me pick a new media player please?

paul1981

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just like some input from some people.

Im after a new media player & I think iv narrowed down my search to a choice between a couple of different ones.

There are just two main things im looking for:

It will play everything I chuck at it
It has a space to put a hard drive it.

Some other features are nice & an if they come with it that great, this is going to be a long term buy so need it to last & do a good job for some time to come. Iv got a budget of around £160

The ones im looking at, at the moment are

Xtreamer Prodigy ( the one thing that puts me a little bit off is the amount of times it has been delayed, Will it be buggy when it finally comes out next week or will it be prefect straight away)

Mede8er MED500X2 (im very impressed by there support forum's, but is the player as good as people say it is?)

HiMedia 900B ( I like the look of this player but cant find any English reviews of it :(, so not 100% if its as good as it the specs make out. Plus got to wait for firmware update to get all features to work)

I am open minded if there are better ones for my budget, so all in put would be great full

Thanks

The Dune H1 is good and takes an internal hard drive. About £180.

The Dune H1 is good and takes an internal hard drive. About £180.

Thanks, not come across that one yet...Its a little over budget

But il read some reviews & see what its like & keep it in mind :)

Thanks

I did look at that but read one or two bad comments about it. Plus a number of people are using "Mede8er" firmware on there instead of the original firmware. So that one is not for me thanks.

But if you still want that one You can get it for £94 + P&P from OcUK

Im now looking towards either

HiMedia 900B
BlueTimes BT3550B
Egreat R 300

all can be for around £150 ish & all the above are coming out for the latest chip sets & play 3d films + these players are dual boot with android which might be a nice add on feature to have. The 900B is already out now for £144.99 inc P&P....The other two out next week. So think I will hold off another for another week or so for so reviews of them to come out. If the the reviews are not that good. Think il need up getting the mede8er 500x2

H1 takes a 3.5" HDD, TV301 is 2.5" HDD only
H1 has full BluRay license, TV301 is BD Lite
H1 has 100mbps LAN, TV301 has gigabit LAN
H1 currently has the older Sigma chipset, TV301 has the newer & faster chipset

If you want any more details on these players I suggest you ask them ion your own threads as this is going off topic.

Mark.

I've tried few systems and landed on Popcorn Hour C-200. They have good developers team, actually resolving bugs and developing firmware. C-200 is fast and hi quality system at the price point.

C-200 is a rather large device in comparison to what else is out there and it is also rather pricey - at the far end of typical price ranges for such devices...

For me it was pricier literally to throw away Dlink DSM-350 (didn't play FLAC's flawlessly, had dropouts and cracks) and WD Live (just poor audio quality, poor imaging, muddy).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom