Can some one explain hitachi models

P

Pgtips

Can someone please explain the differences between the following Hitachi screens and there recommendations.

Hitachi 42PD3000

Hitachi 42PD5000

Hitachi 42PMA500E.

Thinking of buying Hitachi model but getting a bit stuck, specs seem to be all the same. I am aware the 3000 comes with tuner and speakers which are not really needed for me, however allows less cables going to screen bu does it affect PQ when dvd not direct to screen etc?

Pg..

Further to my above question. Does anyone know the nearest place I would be able to test the screen to Leeds (uk) and possibly Pana 6 series?

Pg...

Basically afaik

42PD3000 Is a 42" screen with media box including scart connections and speakers

42PD5000 Is a newer version of the above screen with added conections and some updated components (allegedly)

42PMA500E Is a "commercial" display in that it has only connections via a tuner board in the display (component,rgb sync on composite,composite,svideo,dsub). There are also no speakers.

They all have the same "alis" type glass.

If your thinking of buying an Hitachi plasma, perhaps give the thread "Plasma gas charging fault" a read first - if you haven't done already.
There appears to be a fairly common problem on these screens.

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
If your thinking of buying an Hitachi plasma, perhaps give the thread "Plasma gas charging fault" a read first - if you haven't done already.
There appears to be a fairly common problem on these screens.

Don't know about fairly common, and all screens seem to have some complaint or other.

Harvey, we are in agreement there, no such thing as a perfect plasma. However, the grey cloud thing would appear to be a more common than average fault, we have 4 or 5 reported in that thread, it's something to watch out for, like buzzing power supplies in Panasonics, screen burn in Pioneers, but they are all very much better than their Korean competition, of which Philips is a derivative.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom