1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Sky+ Record via its scart input

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Jarvo, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Jarvo

Jarvo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone let me know if it is possible to use a Sky+ to record via it's scart rather than using the internal tuners.

This may seem an odd question, but it would be very usefull for my security camera if I could set it to record while I'm out

Thanks Lads n Lasses :thumbsup:

2. Pyara

Pyara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's an extremely good point and I hope that Sky serioulsy think about implementing such a feature (is possible) in their software updates, it would have a substantial sales value as it would allow consumers to record for CCTV or additional items if needed.

However, the 2nd scart on the box is also an output designed for videos and although it has a pass-through feature, as far as I understand non of the signals from this connection are actually processed by the unit itself.

I have CCTV installed at my residents and would welcome the idea of being able to record the images on the Sky+ simply because it would be so simply to delete etc. I can imagine having a special page (just like the current manual record page) where you can indiciate the frequency of the recording, either continous or say, and image every 5 seconds etc?

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY+ does not have the hardware (mpeg encoders) to accept input from an external source. It would need a totally new design to accomplish that and since SKY does not like to spend R&D money on anything that could be used for something other than SKY I doubt it will ever happen.

There are many DVD/HD recorders on the market that can do the job for you, some with extensive editing systems on board and they are getting cheaper all the time.