Can Sky Q IR remotes be paired with a specific box?

Stephen_C

Hello,

I have an unusual (perhaps) situation. I need to distribute two Sky Q boxes to 5 TVs. After much thought, the most budget friendly option (from both an equipment, and programming perspective) seems to be two HDMI - DVB-T modulators (the Technomate one, with IR), cascaded, with Magic Eyes at each TV. I will put the Sky Q boxes on two distinct channels on the TVs.

The Sky Q boxes are in a distant location (central AV rack), so Bluetooth remote control isn't an option. So, for control, I hope to use two Sky Q IR remotes at each TV (as I said, there's no budget for much in the way of programming, otherwise I'd use something more sophisticated!)

My question is - can the Sky Q IR remote be paired with a box, so that it doesn't affect any boxes not paired? If not, my scheme falls apart!

(For context, I've been asked to implement a simple, reliable, low cost (always the same!) way to watch either of two Sky Q boxes on five TVs. If there was budget, I'd use Just Add Power gear, and do it 'properly'. Sadly, that's not an option here.)

Thanks for reading.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom