1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Sky+ planner record while on standby? What is Series link?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Frazal666, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone,

Ive set my sky+ planner to record Eastenders today, as I will be out, the Box will be left on standby (with the red light). Will it record it?

In the sky+ planner, the green button is for series recording, so how does it work? In the manual, it says when you switch to the channel, it will automatically put in the planner to record? What if I watch the recorded episode today, and leave it on standby (the box), will it record it for tomorow?

Would it record if I use the sky+ on friday, but do not go to bbc1?

Thanks

2. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,392
    First question, yes it will. Standby simply turns off the output but the box will still record.

Series link just sets the next episode to record after the current one has finished recording. Just press green and that's it.

3. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, cheers

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Watch out though, if an episode or episodes are switched or skipped (like when Neighbours was switched to BBC2 when the London bombing occurred), it will screw the series link up, and you'll have to re-enter it.

5. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the tip nick:hiya:

6. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, or there is 2 weeks between links. Total pain.....

It def records when it's on standby. And I noticed recently that you can even put it on standby in the middle of recording, and all is fine. I noticed this recently by accident, as I always left it on overnight if it was in the middle of recording. With the 160+ I want it off as much as possible because of annoying fan noise (and you know it's degrading the hardware the longer it spins).

Cheers