can sky HD box out put through hdmi and scart at same time?

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi sorry if this has been covered before been looking around cant quite find the answer im looking for.

getting HD after xmas hopefully, i want to conect the HDMI straight into the tele and scart to video sender so i can watch TV upstairs (understand that the second TV will only dispay normal SD not HD) so can the sky HD box out put through hdmi and scart at same time? or only one at a time?

well, i havent it connected to different sources, but i did plug in both the HDMI and the scart cables to my tv at the same time and flicked between the two channels to see if both were displaying.

I have it via HDMI straight to the TV and component through my amp and have no problems flicking between the 2.

hi C2_lad you said you "pluged in both the HDMI and the scart cables to my tv at the same time and flicked between the two channels to see if both were displaying."

were they both dispaying a picture? you didnt tell us the results

Ah yes, you can switch :smashin:
But I'm sure I read that you can't do both at the same time.
My memory fails me, but I have it in my head that HDMI cuts off the rest for Copy protection.
Having said that, it might be HD it cuts off and SD may still be ok.

if it cant output through HDMI and scart at same time will i have to unplug HDMI to use scart for video sender or can i switch off HDMI via a menu

Ive had scart and HDMI running at the same time with TV's next to each other and it works fine

Works for me as well. I have my SkyHD box connected by scart to a wireless sender, so my daughter can watch TV in her playroom downstairs. I also have my SkyHD box connected by HDMI to my TV in the lounge. I can have both TV's on at the same time. Is that what you meant ?

Edit: I just checked and I have a HD picture in the lounge and a SD picture in the Playroom at the same time. So scart and HDMI were working at the same time.

Pretty sure HDMI cuts off all the other connections :thumbsdow

HDMI works fine, with a RGB via scart feed to another TV, and component feed to my Amp - all at same time no issues.

HDMI works fine, with a RGB via scart feed to another TV, and component feed to my Amp - all at same time no issues.

Okeydokey :smashin:

Don't know where I got that from then :confused:

Senile dementia, no doubt :(

At least the question is answered :smashin:

cheers guys for answering the question for me can look forward to HD next ear now . :smashin:

yep they both worked for me and gave me a way of checking out picture quality side by side picture in picture.shows the clarity of hdmi againts scart but is this down to the res as i know hdmi is 1080i but im not sure about RGB scart,guessing 720p ??

also noticed that the HD box has component connections,is the picture quality any better than hdmi,ive noticed that on my 40" tevion lcd i get more picture adjustment options in component over hdmi.ie saturation rather than fixed settings like cool warm etc.

i currently have my hdmi dvd player hooked up with component and noticed a marked improvement over the hdmi connection regarding the colours ??

any comments welcomed.:confused:

The Sky HD box will output on all connections at the same time. I think some may be confusing it with the Telewest TV drive which AFAIK does not.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom