1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Sky+ control chnage volume on Denon Amp

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MillionDollar, Jan 28, 2005.

1. MillionDollar

MillionDollar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got Sky+ plus the Denon AVR1905 amp

Can I program the sky control to change the volume of my amp?

Anyone know the codes?

2. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    yes you can, i do on my 1803 denon with my sky plus controller the codes for denon are

0032 or 0188

cant remember which one i used, try both and see by doing this

1. Turn on the AV amplifier you wish to operate, press the TV button on the Sky+ RCU (Remote Control Unit).
    2. Press and hold down the Select then the 0 (zero) buttons on the Sky+ RCU until the LED (Light Emitting Diode) blinks twice.
    3. Input the 4 digit number from the Sky+ RCU direct set code list pages. The LED should flash twice to confirm that the code was entered successfully.
    4. Use the Left navigation button on the Sky+ RCU to try and switch the AV Amplifier into standby. If the standby button works then the other AV Amplifier functions should also work and the correct code has been selected. If all functions do not work correctly then repeat steps 1 - 3 and work through all the 4 digit numbers from the Sky+ RCU direct set code list pages until you find the code which supports all or as many of the AV Amplifier functions as possible

with my sky plus i can turn the amp up and down, mute it, and also change some surrond settings ( it wont power it off though) the main one for me is the volume up and down.

dom

3. MillionDollar

MillionDollar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried the codes given and they don't work for some reason.

The RCU blinks twice, but does not blink twice to confirm.

I have tried other codes for Panasonic Plasma, and some codes are accepted.

So I am stuck. Anyone know how I can get the Sky+ RCU to learn from the Amp's main RCU?