1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can see sky image when watching dvd

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Phil66, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Phil66

Phil66
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I have a Sony 28" widescreen (KV28 something or other) and a Sony Sky Digibox with a Sony RDR GXD500 DVD recorder.

When I am watching DVD's pre-recorded or home recorded I can see a faint image of whatever is coming through the digibox, it is very very faint and goes from left to right across the screen.

Any ideas??? Could it be cheap scart leads?

Phil

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The first thing to try would be a better quality scart lead with fully screened leads as it sounds like poor screening to me. You don't need to spend a fortune as one of the Thor scarts from TV Cables would be more than ideal.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Yes very likely. Get some QED Sqarts, the AV2110 would be best for your purpose. Is the SKy box plugged into the DVD recorder or directly into the TV?

4. Phil66

Phil66
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I think it went like this:

Skybox into DVDR, Terrestrial into DVDR, DVDR into TV. This is how it suggests in the manual.

I know cables make a big difference I have a Meridian/Audiolab/Mission hi-fi system but I don't watch all that much TV but when I do this picture thing bugs me, I don't want to spend a great deal as my wife doesn't even notice it and she is the one who watches, I listen to my Hi-Fi in another room for a couple of hours a night.

Cheers

Phil