1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can See Large 'Green arc' When looking from Above on Tosh RP

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kevo, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    When stood up right in front of my Tosh 40WH08B RP TV, I can see a large 'green arc' shape spanning the middle of the TV.
    I can also see a small 'prism type pattern' above it.

I can't see any of this when looking straight on and on the whole the picture seems fine. I don't remember seeing this when I first purchased it last year.

Sometimes there seems to be a slight green tint to the picture, but it's strange as it's very intermittent. Some pop videos and commercials seem to suffer the most. Usually on peoples faces, but even then it maybe only some shots within the same clip.

There was a Christopher Lambert film on C5 the other night that was slightly green all the way through but the news in between was fine.

Studio lit programmes and most others are fine.

Same applies to DVDs and I noticed LOTR had a few 'greenish' scenes but maybe that's the way it was filmed.

Maybe I'm just being obsessive as I'm now constantly on the look out for it!

Or is my colour blindness (which I am on green!) just getting worse in my 'older' years!

Should I be worried and do something about it?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,907
    Can't speak for the green tint, but the green arc (only visible from above) is almost certainly stray reflections from the insides of the set and was probably always there.

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Thanks Nigel

I thought the two maybe related.