can ps3 games play on more than 1 console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark-n-Maria

Standard Member
Hi, I've had a search and cannot find any thread about this , so sorry if it has come up and i haven't seen it!. Here is my question: My son has assured me that if you buy a new ps3 game and play it on your console it "registers" itself to the console and cannot be played on another console after that. - I find this very hard to believe and it is stopping me from buying one so far, please set me straight!!. Thanks for any response in advance. Mark

Lonely_Warrior

Think about this...if that were true then how could there be thousands of second hand games on Ebay and in shops?! Someone would have caught on by now right? lol

Jay

Banned
What your son is talking about is an old rumour that has absolutely no truth or relevance now. Your son's doing a good job of persuading you to get a ps3 isn't he :D Seriously though rest assured that there is no truth in what your son is saying, it was rumour and technology that never surfaced. :smashin:

dodger747

Sony registered a patent [IIRC] which was picked up on the internet and it quickly spread that the PS3 would implement it. It is completely without foundation...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom