1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can pdr8 sub be connected at (high level)any advantage or should i swap for one with

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mick23, Jun 22, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    finally figured pdr8 is working alright thanks to the help on forum,i see lots of references to (high level connection) was told i cannot do this by rs on my sub as it single low level connection and positive and neg speaker terminals, but denon 3802 has only i set of front speaker connections ? they also have the mordaunt-short msw20 sub £150 which possibly has more facilities than pdr8 would it be any benifit to change pdr8 for ms20 (i cannot find review or any info on ms20 sub) is there any advantage to extra facilities (phase control , etc) if the paradigm is likely to be better than the msw20 i will not bother to change sub, i have some 30 days to change sub if need be, thank you all

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Connecting via the high level will only really benefit you for Music and Denons DIRECT mode. I´m not sure if you can connect both at the same time on the Paradigm, Rel subs allow for this because they have a mode switch which enables you to ignore the crossover at low level but its still used for the high level connection.

I think you´d be best to leave it connected at low level. If you do want to change then consider the larger Paradigm PS1000, it has a phase control.

Cheers

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Whilst many subs have high and low level connections only REL allow you to have both connected at the same time so there is no point in changing to MS just for this facility.

Phase control can be useful in integrating the sub with the speakers but overall Paradigm subs are generally thought to offer the best value for money in that price range.

There are very few forum members who have said that they are disappointed with their Paradigms and as Jase suggested the best alternative is the next Paradigm up in the range if you can afford it.